Developed in the 20th century, Ashtanga yoga is a dynamic style of yoga that is meant to connect the movement of the body with the breath. It is believed to have been originated from an ancient system of Hatha yoga. Practiced in many fitness classes in Dubai, this yoga style lays importance on the daily practice of distinct set of movements.
The practice of Ashtanga yoga in Dubai focuses on certain important principles, which are:
• Breath: It is highly recommended that the postures in yoga style are held more about five to eight breaths
• Drishti: For each of the postures involved in Ashtanga yoga, there are a set of gaze points or drishtis present
• Vinyasa: Ashtanga yoga focuses on a breathing system that connects each and every movement of the style with the breath of a person
• Daily practice: To enjoy the maximum benefits of Ashtanga yoga, it is encouraged to practice it on a daily basis
There are a host of benefits of choosing to get enrolled into any prominent fitness classes in Dubai and practice Ashtanga yoga there. Two of the major ones being:
• Physical Strength: Apart from calming the mind and soul, Ashtanga yoga also helps in muscle training and augmenting physical strength. Practicing this yoga form on a daily basis can make the body strong, controlled and toned. Practicing Ashtanga yoga in Dubai also aids in weight management, builds endurance and stamina, works on core strength, as well as increases flexibility.
• Spiritual Wellbeing: Ashtanga yoga works towards spiritual healing, and can provide a great way to people to connect with their inner self. Practicing this yoga style helps people in maintaining positivity in and around them, while acquiring a better insight of their emotions and spirituality.
By practicing Ashtanga yoga daily, people can ensure both their physical and spiritual well-being.